07 Nov Museum of Plastic Age: Planning
Posted at 01:49h in 2017 Fall Computational Media, 2017 Fall Physical Computing, Art, Exhibition, Interaction, ITP life, Multimedia, Work in Porgress 0 Comments
Museum of Plastic Age is an interactive exhibit of artifacts from the heyday of the Plastic Era (approximately A.D. 1950s – 2120s). Museum goers are encouraged to interact with the objects to find out more about life in the late 20th century and early 21 century.
Inspiration and Research
Design and Test
Week 1: Nov 8 – Nov 15
- Set up the core structure of the project and get the Arduino and p5 code working.
- Determine which objects to show.
Week 2: Nov 15 – Nov 22
- Content development: audio and visuals for all artifacts; Museum branding.
- Purchase materials.
Week 3: Nov 22 – Nov 29
- Combine code, content and bought electronic components.
- Resolve issues and debug.
Week 4: Nov 29 – Dec 6
- Build enclosure, mount all components.
- User testing.
Week 5: Dec 6 – Dec 13
- Fine tune code and content, add in necessary details.
- Finish project.
Bill of Materials
Some items in the list are duplicates, final list will be determined after further development of the project.
- Acrylic cases
- Enclosure for circuit
- Ipad Mount