09 Mar An Interview with ALEX: Prototype 2.0
Posted at 15:59h in An Interview with ALEX, Art, Interaction, Multimedia, Uncategorized, Work in Porgress 1 Comment
After working on it for a few months, prototype 2.0 of An Interview with ALEX* is out. I also made a survey to collect comments from the participants. The experience is about 15 minutes. I wonder if that is too long and how I can encourage people to stick to it till the end.
To get the best experience out of the prototype, follow the steps below:
1. Switch to Chrome Browser on your laptop or desktop computer.
2. Maximize your window. Turn your sound on.
3. Proceed to interact with An Interview with ALEX–Prototype 2.0.
4. Allow microphone and camera access.**
5. After the experience, fill out this short survey.
* “An Interview with ALEX” is a browser-based experience that simulates a job interview with an AI in a future of gamified work and total surveillance. As the interview progresses, users learn that this automated HR manager is covering up the truth of this job, and using facial and speech recognition to make assumptions and decisions about them.
** I understand that enabling the camera and microphone access might make some feel a little uncomfortable. I want to emphasize that I am not collecting any data from my users in this project. The camera and microphone integration are used to create a fictional, dystopian narrative that the users can experience from within.
CARRIE SIJIA WANG | An Interview with ALEX: Prototype 2.0 FeedbackPosted at 16:12h, 16 March
[…] An Interview with ALEX: Prototype 2.0 […]